Sunday, September 11, 2011

Miss Gabby

Miss Gabby is pretty darn awesome!  When I arrived she was quite disappointed because the shoes she had planned to use for our photoshoot did not fit.  Shed-some-tears disappointed.  Being a shoe-gal myself I completely understood.  Mom brought a back-up pair and forewarned me that we might have a challenging shoot ahead of us.  I tried to think of ways to cheer up Miss Gabby, how we could draw out her spunky spirit that I just adore.  So we chatted a bit and then I gave her some creative control over our session.  Let her pick where she wanted to stand, what props she wanted to use, etc.  Like all of us, kids love having some creative control and freedom.  Then out of nowhere, the fabulous Miss Gabby rocked it!  She gave me serious and pouty, sweet and sassy, and free spirited.  Mom and I were not only relieved, but we were overjoyed that she took what began as a rocky beginning and turned it into an adventure.  Like I said, Miss Gabby is pretty darn awesome!
The two large, vintage suitcases came courtesy of PJ at Milk Glass Vintage Rentals.  You can check out her web site here and her blog here.  PJ is a-maz-ing!  Great vintage rentals/props, and that girl can really style an event!

Click on photos to enlarge:












 

1 comment:

  1. Yvette--You certainly worked your magic on this shoot. Thanks for bringing out the real Gabby Girl! The pics are gorgeous and your artistry truly shines through!

    ReplyDelete