Thursday, May 26, 2011

Colton

This little man is a miniature replica of his dad.  I have had the pleasure of knowing him since birth, and I still cannot get over how much he and Dad look alike!  Colton has such a sweet and charming disposition, which makes him a complete joy to photograph.  In addition to that, he has such an ease in front of the camera.  I am not sure if that's because Mom's camera is an extension of her arm (just like me!) or if it's because he also happens to be a model.  I think it is a little bit of both.  But I was honored when Mom asked me to photograph some new headshots for his portfolio.  Colton and I had a great time!  We chatted, snapped some photos, chatted some more, he shared his new little toy with me, then we snapped some more photos.  I truly enjoyed our one on one time together. 
After the photoshoot the three of us went to the Dairy for his much anticipated reward, a large, yummy dose of soft serve.  For a while now I have been wanting to photograph a child eating an ice cream cone.  A kid in soft serve euphoria.  This was the perfect opportunity to capture that moment of just a boy, his toy truck, and an ice cream cone on a warm spring evening.  I told Colton, "Just enjoy your cone and pretend I am not here." To which he was only happy to oblige :).  I played with the color to give the photos a vintage look and feel.  A modern Norman Rockwell was my inspiration.  It ended up being a win-win for both of us!

 















































No comments:

Post a Comment